The 2020 application process is now open for funding towards your a cappella projects and initiatives.
We believe the UK a cappella scene thrives when there is experimentation, co-creation and collaboration, and so we are pleased to once more invite applications for £500 of VF-UK funding for your projects in 2020. Applications must be made by 5pm on Saturday 29 February 2020 to receive funding for a 2020 project. Application criteria and process are detailed below.
Some of the applications received and projects supported in 2019 include:
1. A new Schools A Cappella Festival featuring showcases and performances and raising funds for the Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability.
2. The launch of a new workshop series ‘Sound Stretch’ focused on improvisation, vocal technique and stagecraft for London-based members of SOUND.
3. Plans for a new a cappella festival to be launched in Warwick
4. A coming-of-age film about self belief and perseverance with a cappella as part of the storyline and key to the emotional and music backdrop
How do you apply in 2020?
Applications can be made by groups, institutions or individuals. The only stipulations are that it must meet one or more of the Voice Festival UK’s charitable aims:
1. Recruiting and supporting new participants: fostering the development of new school, university and community singers and groups
2. Developing new audiences: providing opportunities for new a cappella audiences to learn about and experience the art form
3. Supporting and educating existing participants: providing performance, competition, workshop, masterclass and networking opportunities for a cappella singers
4. Building UK A Cappella Communities: creating opportunities for new and existing a cappella singers to meet, collaborate, and share ideas
To apply, please submit a project proposal of up to 500 words to email@example.com outlining:
* Your objectives
* Who is involved, and their roles
* What you would plan to do and how it meets one of more of VF’s aims
* How you would measure your success
* Your timeframe
* Your budget, including specifying if the project were to be solely funded by VF, or whether other sources of funding were being sought
We are deligthed to play a small but supportive part towards new initiatives and projects springing up across the UK, and look forward to receiving your applications.
With best wishes,
Alexandra, Cherith and Simon
Voice Festival Director team