Having been a huge a cappella fan for many years, when I saw a request for volunteers on the Voice Festival facebook page I decided to reply and see where it would lead! it’s been great fun so far and I’m looking forward to what promises to be an exciting year ahead.
2. What’s your role in the team?
My initial role, when I joined the Voice Festival team, was helping with the School Start-Up scheme. I also event managed the St Andrews regional round of the University Competition and helped with other events. Now I am University Programme Manager, and project lead the Festival Weekend.
3. What’s been you favourite Voice Festival moment so far?
Being part of the Big Weekend and seeing so many groups come together to perform and take part in workshops.
4. Who’s your favourite professional group?
5. Have you any secret talent/fact to share?
I’m attempting to learn to play the Ukulele.
6. Describe the Voice Festival in 3 words?
Inspiring future generations
7. What do you do outside of the a cappella world?
I’m a primary school teacher. I also help with a children’s choir and occasionally run marathons.