I’ve admired VF-UK from a distance for quite some time while I was very involved in a cappella singing at Exeter Uni. Seeing the #VFbestself campaign for new volunteers I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get involved (I was also getting withdrawal symptoms from not having anything to organise). I’m really excited to shape the Youth programme over the next few years and start getting more young people involved in a cappella in the UK.
2. What is your role within the team?
I’m the Programme Manager – I work to establish partnerships with other organisations, and co-lead on our youth strategy.
3. What has been your favourite Voice Festival moment so far?
I’m going to have to say having Simon phone me and ask me to be the Youth Programme Manager!
4. Who is your favourite professional group?
I think I’d go for Voces8 but if you asked me again in 2 days’ time I think I’d pick the Swingle Singers and then 2 days later Straight No Chaser…
5. Have you got any secret talent/fact to share with everyone?
When I am not working/singing/organising I absolutely love baking with my speciality being brownies. I also support Leeds United…
6. Sum up the Voice Festival in 3 words
Inclusive, fun and inspirational
7. What do you do outside of the a cappella world?
I’m a civil servant and will spend the next few years working in a whole selection of different government departments.