We are writing to share some news with you from Voice Festival HQ.
After ten glorious years of Voice Festival Weekends, we have decided that we are going to take the charity in a different direction from this season onwards.
We are currently doing a lot of strategic thinking about what the future of the charity is going to look like, and will be sharing news about that as soon as we can, but in the short-term, as many of you are likely planning your year ahead, we wanted to let you know that there will not be a Festival Weekend or competition in 2019. As for what else will be happening – watch this space.
In the mean time we have an exciting invitation for you.
We are offering groups, institutions or individuals, the opportunity to bid for up to £500 of funding for an a cappella project of your choice. The only stipulations are that it must meet one or more of the Voice Festival UK’s charitable aims:
1. Recruiting and supporting new participants: fostering the development of new school, university and community singers and groups
2. Developing new audiences: providing opportunities for new a cappella audiences to learn about and experience the art form
3. Supporting and educating existing participants: providing performance, competition, workshop, masterclass and networking opportunities for a cappella singers
4. Building UK A Cappella Communities: creating opportunities for new and existing a cappella singers to meet, collaborate, and share ideas
To apply, please submit a project proposal of up to 500 words outlining:
* Your objectives
* Who is involved, and their roles
* What you would plan to do and how it meets one of more of VF’s aims
* How you would measure your success
* Your timeframe
* Your budget, including specifying if the project were to be solely funded by VF, or whether other sources of funding were being sought
Projects can take place at any point during 2019. Deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday 14th December, and you will be informed early in 2019 if you have been successful.
We hope that everything is going well for you, and look forward to staying in touch with more of our news in the coming months.
In the mean time, have you checked out the resources on our website and YouTube channel? There’s plenty of inspiration there, from videos of past Voice Festival performances and collaborative projects to ‘how to’ guides, tips and hints for how to take your group to the next level.
And finally, have you got your tickets for Club A Cappella in London on 27th November, and LACF in January? Maybe we’ll see you there!
With best wishes,
Alexandra, Cherith and Simon
Voice Festival Director team